liquidator problems--HELP

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
hooked up the liquidator yesterday, no problems. I hooked the in tube to the pump basket drain and the out tube to a pipe inlet in my in line chloronator. check valves are placed with the arrow pointing toward the pump and pointing toward the liquidator for the in tube.
For the out tube the hookup is in this order, controll valve,metering , and check valve.
As long as the pump is running everything is fine. I am set for the pump to shut off at 10pm and turn on at 6a.am.. This morning the pump had lost prime,luckly I found it before it turned on.
When the pump is off the liquidator is siphoning to the pump basket outlet and loosing prime.
I have checked everything I can and all appears normal. I am using the new 3/8 inch upgrade parts. They ae very easy to work with but i cant use the liquidator if it causes prime loss every time the pump is off for any length of time. I'm outta answers---HELP..... I have disconnectred and am back to manual addition until i can an answer.
Took pics but even the camera is not working,, been one of them days!!

Joel, what happens when you shut off the control valve? Do you still lose prime? You might have a faulty check valve. Try to swap them and see if the problem goes away

You have it connected backward. I know it's not intuitive in the descriptions. The "In" means flow into the Liquidator. It shoud be hooked somewhere on the discharge of the pump. The "Out" side is flow out of the Liquidator. It should be hooked to the pump basket drain or other place on the pump suction.

I retract my last post then. Ok just the backward part. :)

I'll just step through the hookup from the feeder tubing through the pump drain.
  1. Tubing fitting hooked to the feeder port[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  2. >> Check valve hooked to tubing with flow arrow pointed toward Liquidator[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  3. >> Hook tubing from check valve to "In" float valve of liquidator[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  4. >> Hook tubing to "Out" float valve[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  5. >> Hook Flow Meter to tubing with flow arrow pointing away from liquidator[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  6. >> Hook tubing from other side flow meter to flow valve[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  7. >> Hook tubing from other side of flow valve to check valve with flow arrow pointing away from flow valve[/*:m:1zylkty3]
  8. >> hook tubing from check valve to pump basket drain[/*:m:1zylkty3]

If you have it hooked up like the above then I'd say the check valve(s) are bad.

On the IN side of the LQ, the red side of the check valve goes closest to the LQ. On the OUT side of the LQ, the red side of the check valve goes closest to the pump.

Hope that helps!

Bama Rambler said:
I retract my last post then. Ok just the backward part. :)

I'll just step through the hookup from the feeder tubing through the pump drain.
  1. Tubing fitting hooked to the feeder port[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  2. >> Check valve hooked to tubing with flow arrow pointed toward Liquidator[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  3. >> Hook tubing from check valve to "In" float valve of liquidator[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  4. >> Hook tubing to "Out" float valve[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  5. >> Hook Flow Meter to tubing with flow arrow pointing away from liquidator[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  6. >> Hook tubing from other side flow meter to flow valve[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  7. >> Hook tubing from other side of flow valve to check valve with flow arrow pointing away from flow valve[/*:m:maa5oi6z]
  8. >> hook tubing from check valve to pump basket drain[/*:m:maa5oi6z]

If you have it hooked up like the above then I'd say the check valve(s) are bad.

I think that's the way i was hooked up... check me out if you dont mind... from the out side i have tube to float valve in liquidator,, then control valve,,,,then flow meter,,,,then check valve (arrow toward pump),,then hooked to pump (1/4 to 1/4 barb).......... on the in side,, tube to float valve in liquiator,,,,, check valve (arrow toward liquidator) ,,, then hooked to pipe inlet on in line chlorinator (1/4 to 1/4 barb)..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
salp said:
Looks right, just make sure you have the floats in the right place. Did you switch check valves?b

Floats in the right place,, float marked in to in side of liquidator,,,, out float to out side of liquidator... didnt get to switch valves,, too late and hooked back the way it was..... thanks

Bama Rambler said:
Looks like you have it correct. The only difference in your setup and the one I listed is that you have the control valve before the flow meter but that doesn't matter.

Not to confuse things, but are you saying you are running your flow meter and then your control valve? I have my control valve before my flow meter as well, and I am just wondering if there would be any difference having it one place over the other? Interesting.

Yes, here's I have mine set up. LQ > flow meter > control valve > check valve > Pump suction.

It really doesn't matter to the control scheme which way you have it. It reads the same either way. The only reason I had for plumbing mine that way is that it doesn't subject the flow meter to the negative pressure of the pump. The pressure drop is taken across the valve so the flow meter is little more than gravity flow. I know, TMI! but there you have it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.