Pic's and questions

MTGEGAL

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
Overland Park, Kansas
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to pool ownership. We live in Kansas City, and pools are not too common here. We put in our pool in 2003, and after firing the builder, my hubby finished it. It is an inground gunite pool with waterfall, 24'x37' at the widest and approx 7' deep at the drain with 2 skimmers. It has a centurion 1 1/2 hp pump, triton II filter, pentair chlorine feeder and polaris cleaner that I run 24/7. After weeks reading so many posts here, I've got questions:

Are you not supposed to run the equipment 24/7?

How do I get the fine debris from the top of the water? - too small to catch it all with a pole type skimmer net. Is that what the skimmer socks are for? I do clean the skimmers and filter basket regularly as well as back wash when needed. Just hoping for some tips on that tiny debris.

Thanks for all the help thus far!
angie

Attachments

• IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_2600.JPG
    IMG_2600.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 793
MTGEGAL,

I'll jump in...point your returns so they ripple the surface. All pointed in the same direction, they will give a clockwise or counterclockwise flow to the surface of the water and the skimmers should suck up most of the surface debris.

(I was born in Leavenworth...just up the road from you....You're right not too many pools out there)

Oh my! How colorful and beautiful!

Your pics have just made me homesick for the midwest, where you can grow flowers in colors other than red, orange and yellow. (well we do have a few things that grow in other colors, but not much)

Hi Angie,

Great pool! You guys must have very green thumbs, the yard looks awesome!

I'll speak for myself, we only run the pump, etc. about 8 to 10 hours a day in the summer (depending on the temp...just what I was told by my father-in-law who's been a pool owner for 30+ years)

In the winter we cut it back to just a few hours a day, in Texas we keep it running and clean year round even if we can't swim in it we can enjoy the way it looks and the rest of the back yard.

Hope this helps a little...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.