CC starting to creep up, what to do?

Jun 7, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Hello again all :).

I have been struggling to get my Cl to stay balanced with my SWG, I have added enough stabilizer to get it to ~70, although I have not seen this reflected on my TF100 test, (that I am hoping I am reading correctly).

My Cl continues to drop, and I seem to have the need to keep adding bleach every week or so, which my friends who have salt pools have never done. Over the last couple of days, I have seen my Cl to start to stay at about 2.0 (lower than the site's recommendation but I am just glad to see it stabalize), in the meantime, I have seen my CC start to rise from 0 to .5.

On one of the pages here, it seemed to indicate that the CC will rise when the FC is breaking something down. I am wondering if I should just punt and shock with liquid bleach to the shock level of the Chlorine chart on this site.

Does this sound like a good plan? Is there any risk of dumping a lot of Cl into the pool for swimmers, balance etc?

Thanks
Louis

Post a full set of test results. Also post your equipment specs too.

What percentage/length of time are you running the SWCG?

Sounds like you have the beginnings of an algae bloom and the SWCG & bleach additions have just kept up with it. It certainly won't hurt to shock your pool.

Bama Rambler said:
Post a full set of test results. Also post your equipment specs too.

What percentage/length of time are you running the SWCG?

Sounds like you have the beginnings of an algae bloom and the SWCG & bleach additions have just kept up with it. It certainly won't hurt to shock your pool.

2.5 FC
.5 CC
80 TA
pH 7.6
~40 CYA (but I have added 7 lbs of CYA in the last week, it has all dissolved in the socks, but still only shows about 50 when it should be closer to 60-70)
Ca Hardness 230

30,000 Gallons Pebble-Sheen pool

I have slowly been increasing my SWG up to its current value of 70%, which I run for 12 hours a day. I started at 50%.

The last overnight FC test I ran (with generator off first reading in the dark, morning reading had some sunlight, but not direct) showed a .5 drop in FC using the TF100 drop test.

Later in the week, I used the "shock" value on my SWG (it runs at 100% for 24 hours), and made sure it stayed on for the 24 hours. Before I did this, I checked the FC which was 3.0, the next morning (~ 8 hours later) it was 3.5, 24 hours later, it was back to 3.0 (there was swimming for about 4 hours that day with 2 adults and 5 or 6 children 90+ degrees and sun all day).

The water has never looked cloudy but I only have about a month for a frame of reference :).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.