CostCo Aquabots (C, Turbo C, & Rover Plus C)

jeff

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2007
Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on these three units sold at Costco.

We have a rectangular IG vinyl pool with a cut-out step.

Currently dirt gets caught rather easily in the bottom's "sharp" edges and corners, and I even have a difficult time getting them completely clean with the manual vacuum.

So based on our pool type I'm curious if people would recommend the "C" or "Turbo C" with their PVC scrubbers, or the "Rover Plus C" with it's "washing jets"? (Indeed, what's the difference between the "C" and "Turbo C" besides 5 more feet of power cord?).

Aquabot Rover Plus C: http://tinyurl.com/3cl6fd
Aquabot C: http://tinyurl.com/3b6ppw
Aquabot Turbo C: http://tinyurl.com/2m6w53

Price really isn't the issue here, effectiveness is.

Thanks for any help!

jeff

Based upon what I have read on several forums, the Aquabot are pretty good robotics but everyone seems to really love the Blue Diamond and the Blue Pearl. Before settling on one from Costco, you may want to consider those as well.

mas985 said:
Based upon what I have read on several forums, the Aquabot are pretty good robotics but everyone seems to really love the Blue Diamond and the Blue Pearl. Before settling on one from Costco, you may want to consider those as well.

Hi - I bought a Blue Pearl at the beginning of Summer, but it died during the 4th run. Water Tech indicated that there was nothing I could do on my end to diagnose the problem. Since it only has a one year warranty, this scared the bejezus out of me and I chose to return it.

Many people here have noted CostCo's very generous return policy, hence why I'm looking at the Aquabots.

thanks for your help,

jeff

I believe someone mentioned that the length of the power cord was the ONLY difference between the two.

I have the Rover Plus. It is great at general pool cleanup and doesn't scrub the liner at all (this may be a plus or a minus, depending on how you look at it). It doesn't do a great job at cleaning the corners of the pool, it will leave piles of grit in the deep end (where the creases come together) and generally doesn't do that well in the shallow end corners (it suctions on the bottom, between the wheels, so it doesn't really have a chance to get at the shallow end corners). This is where having a PoolBuster comes in!

It is also VERY good at doing leaf cleanup if you stay open late (like we do). There is a mesh bag for leaf, large item cleanup that works well.

I love our Pool Rover Plus. Compared to any of my suction side cleaners *aka* Polaris, the PRP is TOP GUN!!

Also w/ the vacuume bag, it is much , much less stress to getting ca-ca in the filter system. Bags are very easy to clean, works like a charm. Our pool is so clean and clear.

Best $500 I ever spent for my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.