Pictures of algae/stains/etc.

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
OK TFPers, here we go. :whip:

I think it would be helpful to have a thread with pictures showing different types of algae and surface stains/damage, to help new folks diagnose their problem(s) more effectively. It could serve as a visual encyclopedia of sorts, for common pool problems.

Don't be embarrassed! :oops:

I'll start, with what I can provide. Below is a picture of calcium scale on pebble-tec. It looks like a dusting of white powder, mainly forms on the walls (at least in this case), and brushes off with difficulty using a stainless steel brush. This particular photo shows the edge of one of my steps. It is rough to the touch, and wears through swimsuits and toe skin if you're not careful.[attachment=0:2leugfs9]scale.jpg[/attachment:2leugfs9]

Also, any tips for taking pictures underwater? This one was taken from just above the water surface. I tried putting the camera in a ziploc bag, but no good!

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 463
Copper stains!! These pictures are from a public pool in the Philippines. Nice blue-green groutlines, black handrail, and green stains on the exposed-aggregate coping:
DSCN5968.jpg

DSCN5969.jpg

DSCN5967.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.