I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna need the kind of coffee thats fermented, not brewed - coffee liquor - right about now. Tia Maria or Kalua - I don't care which one, just make it LOTS. I guess it can be mixed with something, or not....Ok, sorry I had a bad day and I'm just gonna compensate any way I can. Sorry - it is a kind of coffee, isn't it? Alright, I'll be nice from here on out, I promise - just ignore.......

I worked with a guy once, who had a friend in the air force who flew periodically to Columbia. He brought back the occasional bag of coffee. Printed in Spanish (or Portugese, I never knew which) with the 'Juan Valdez' image on the bag. Fresh, rich, Mmmmmmm.... That was some really nice coffee.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ohm_Boy said:
I worked with a guy once, who had a friend in the air force who flew periodically to Columbia. He brought back the occasional bag of coffee. Printed in Spanish (or Portugese, I never knew which) with the 'Juan Valdez' image on the bag. Fresh, rich, Mmmmmmm.... That was some really nice coffee.

I watched a coffee documentary a few weeks ago that said that Juan Valdez was coffee industry marketing thing. There is no Juan Valdez (SORRY TO POP ANY BUBBLES - There's no Santa Claus either. :twisted: ).
And to think all these years there, I always thought there was a single person, Juan Valdez, that picked all those coffee beans.

I think Kona beans have gotten a bit of a bad rap because of the great reputation that they've had for so many years. Some companies started to make inferior blends to simply sell the coffee at an inflated price.

I don't know if I have a favorite bean or blend??? I do like some Ethiopian beans (nice spicy and peppery)...but all of them are pretty nice. I do prefer the darker roasts though.

As for equipment used?

I enjoy both my Chemex drip and my French press. I'm also just starting to get better at roasting my own green beans as well. It's fun...and good :)

sniff...sniff...oh I love the smell too!

dan

I was spoiled when I lived in Charleston. I could go to Whole Foods and get freshly roasted beans. From where I am now, its a 45 minute drive to get beans of less than mediocre quality.

If the Tampa area has a source of good beans, I've not found it.

I use a Capresso maker and a Capresso grinder, and I'm very happy with both of them.

Small world, huh Gary?!

Thanks for the tip on Caracolillo. I'll be sure to check it out. We've been going to Fresh Market in Carrollwood and paying $9.99 for beans of unknown age.

It would be nice to have a source here in Spring Hill, but first we need to get a decent bookstore for crying out loud!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.