Arkansas pool

Let the fun begin! Once we created a level area for the pool, we extended the retaining wall ($$$)

Attachments

• begin excavation.jpg
    begin excavation.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 801
  • exc complete.jpg
    exc complete.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 801
  • wall in.jpg
    wall in.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 801
I recommend you upload photos using Photobucket.com or similar host site. Select the 'large' size when you upload. It's free, and then you copy the IMG code and paste it in your message here.

Then you aren't limited on your pics space/size.

Keep in mind this is now October of 2009. We got the wall in in between monsoon rains. My intent was to have the pool installed before winter. October is typically HOT and DRY. Not this year. It rained almost every other day.

Attachments

• mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 800
  • gettin started.jpg
    gettin started.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 800
  • kit in.jpg
    kit in.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 800
Thanks, but I have already compressed these. Is it ok to just do it like this?

O.K. My pool builder busted it in between rains. He was awesome to work with. He does two pools at a time and did all the work himself. Dug the hole, set the kit, laid the pool crete, and installed the liner. Everything. I am a contractor so I elected to handle the concrete and electrical.

Sorry. I had intended to take pics through the whole process but neglected to. Fast forward to March 2010. I let the dirt settle over the winter then got back to work.

Attachments

• coping.jpg
    coping.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 799
  • 131.JPG
    131.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 801
  • 134.JPG
    134.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 800
Special thanks to:

Trouble free pool. BBB rocks!

Rick Seawright for doing an excellent job building my pool.

Martin Anaya for doing an excellent job on my concrete work.

Nathan Waters for the awesome stonework.

A sad note about my pool builder. Rick was measuring a liner replacement and was attacked by a pit bull. It latched onto his forearm, but luckily he is a big ole cornbread eatin Arkansas boy and wrapped his legs around its neck until someone could remove it. Still, he has had two surgeries and it was his good arm. Not sure when he can spread poolkrete again.

He is a hard worker and a good guy. Hopefully he can recover soon. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool is fabulous! Can you please add the specs to your siggy. I and others would like to know how big your pool is. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.