small rock under my vinyl liner

cinnay

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi!

I have a small stone under the liner on the floor of my pool. We had to have the liner replaced a few years ago, due to some flooding issues, and I think they probably just missed seeing it.

We called the guy who installed it, and he said to just take a mallet and a small towel, place the towel over the rock, and tap lightly on it with the mallet. He said the rock should recede easily this way.

I am a little nervous about the rock puncturing through the liner. Any thought?

Thanks!

That is what I have also been told. We have one in our pool but we just try not bother it,but I'm sure it would be ok to do what he said. I found a hole in my liner a few days ago...in the cove. bummer. Maybe if you don't want to tap it back,get a patch and put over it to make it stronger?

So you've had a rock under your liner for a few years? You should have had them deal with it when they installed it. You'll probably end up with a hole there eventually. Keep your eye on it--when it opens up, cut the rock out or bang it down and patch the liner.

I have a tiny stone in my liner's floor. My liner is going on 8 years and I never noticed the stone before. I'm afraid to tamp it down too. Cinnay, what did you do with yours, anything yet?

So, how about having the guy who installed the liner come out and do the "tapping" since he knows how to handle the issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.