Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: POOL SITTING

1. Back To Top    #1

POOL SITTING

hello all!
    first post: i have a 24k gal vinyl lined pool, auto chlorinator, solar cover, loop-loc (safety) mesh cover. family is going overseas next summer for 3 weeks. other than hiring a pool service co. to maintain the pool in my absence, what steps can i take to keep the water clear while i'm away? i'm thinking of using an extra dose of winterizing chemical plus a few floaters, set the auto chlorinator & run the pump 8 hrs a day, put the safety cover on. will this work?
    also, my liner is pulling off (@ the corner of the pool) from the mount, i don't know what kind of fastening sys is used, but i have a brick coping. i've tried using the bead wedgies, but it's no good, any thoughts?
    all suggestions very much appreciated,
    thanks,

victor
    Thanks,
    Brian

18' round x 52" vinyl AGP holding aprox. 7633 gallons of crystal clear sparkling water, most of the time. Hayward 180 sand filter, 1 hp pump and 2-2x20 Fafco panels is parallel.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Do you have a friend or neighbor who could check on the pool every day or two while you are away? Perhaps in exchange for use of the pool during that time?

A lot can happen in 3 weeks - equipment problems, etc.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.