What size SWG?

Jun 2, 2010
Orlando
I'm anxious to convert to a SWG, but I want a high level of confidence that whatever one I settle on will be large enough without going overboard with a system way larger than I need. My 10K pool gets full sun and its HOT in Orlando right now, and getting 2+ inches of rain more than once a week is not unusual. My pool is screened and so I don't get a lot of debris, but during the summer it has kids in it most days of the week for an hour or more. I've recently converted from pucks to jugs :goodjob:, but obtaining an exact measure of the chlorine demand is a bit tricky with the heavy rains and heat we've been getting. I'm guessing the pool consumes 24oz of 10.5% on an average day. It seems like the rule of thumb is to go with a system rated at twice the size of the pool, but then all the other factors come into play, such as pump run time. Responses from those with SWGs you're using, %output, pump run time, etc. would really help.

Thanks,
Tiger85

I like the Aqua Rite SWG system with 40K gallon cell. Its always better to have a cell larger than you pool gallons/vol so the cell doesn't need to operate as much and will last longer

Tiger85 -

I've got the Hayward SwimPure Plus with the T-Cell 9 for pools up to 25K. Had it installed in May 2009 and love it. My pool is a bit larger than yours but this size unit is perfect. Here in Florida, I prefer to maintain a higher FC level. My average output % during our sweltering months of heat is btw 40-50% . That keeps my FC level at about 6.0.

NWMN Mom

Beats Driving to the Lake!

With 10K lakes, there must be one around the corner! But I completely understand the convenience factor of the pool.
I'll be flying waaay up north over the 4th to the UP of Michigan. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warm.

jagfan said:
NWMN Mom

Beats Driving to the Lake!

With 10K lakes, there must be one around the corner! But I completely understand the convenience factor of the pool.
I'll be flying waaay up north over the 4th to the UP of Michigan. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warm.

Unfortunately, most of extreme NW Minnesota is the one area without ANY or very few lakes so we do have to drive a distance to find one. However, this year we seem to be having monsoon season so perhaps we will have a lake nearby soon? It's been cold too in the whole northern tier of states so hope you willhave nice weather finally when you travel to the UP

Tiger85 said:
I'm anxious to convert to a SWG, but I want a high level of confidence that whatever one I settle on will be large enough without going overboard with a system way larger than I need.

Tiger,
I'm starting my 4th year with a Hayward/Goldline Aqua Troll HP. It is recommended for all Above Ground Pools up to 18K gals. My pool is 16.5K gals. I have not had an algae outbreak since I started using it. I do not baby sit my pool daily. You can image I am loving it. :) And no doubt it is the best money I spent since buying the pool.

I run it at 30% output. My pool is in full sun morning to night. The Chlorine stays consistent at 3.

You will love whichever one you choose.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.