wanting some advice

Jun 16, 2010
Hello all im new here. just want to ask you to look at my pool numbers and tell me what you think, im having a problem with cloudy water. FC3 PH7.2 TA120 CC1. im using trichlor so im not for sure what my CYA is it is afresh fill this year pool benn runing for about 3 weeks. im not sure how to get my water crystal clear i need help please.

Welcome to TFP!

Your CC is > 0.5 and so you need to shock your pool. Please read Shocking Your Pool for information on how to go about this.

It's important to be able to test the water accurately. Dependable test results are the only way that you will ever be able to take control of your pool. There are a couple of kits out there worth mentioning, these ebing the Taylor K-2006 and the TF-100. The TF-100 is the better buy. You can look at the Test Kit Comparison page to see the differences.

Have you started reading Pool School yet? These is some very valuable information there.

oops sorry for that. i have a k 1004 kit but my next door neighbor has a k 2006 kit he came over lastnight,and did some test for me cya is 5 shocked the pool to 10 ppm i use bleach for shocking. and im using trychlor pucks to get rid of them. then im going BBB all the way. thanks for all the help

hey all just checked my tap water, fc .5 ph 7.2 and ta 320 checked the ta twice so it looks like when i have to ad water will have to watch the ta. checked the pool water fc 4 cc1 ph 7.5 ta 110 going to put it back up to shock lvl and keep shocking. and thanks again for the help :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.