Using Laptop/Netbook While in Pool

Jun 27, 2009
Does anybody do this? Like, not necessarily floating on a raft with the laptop, but having it off to side or on a towel on top of the stairs. I figure if I'm the only person in the pool, this shouldn't be much of an issue unless it's starts raining. It would be nice to set up the computer and watch movies while in the water. What do you think? Am I playing with fire?

Are you FLIPPIN MAD?!!! Leave the laptop, work, gaming, blogging, etc OUT of the pool - IN the pool is for unencumbered ZEN

Hmm... Works for Beyonce, but then again, I can't afford another laptop. Thanks for setting me straight!

beyonce-swimming-pool-07.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, I have a little industrial keyboard that is impervious to spills and a trackball that is the same. I, also, had some old industrial, all-in-one computers that are pretty impervious. They weigh a ton. I used those in my big greenhouse.

You could always go with a water resistant keyboard and track ball, with extension cables, with notebook video fed into a larger flat-screen TV or monitor positioned somewhat away from pool. Seems like a lot of trouble though.

There are some Netbooks that are spill resistant, keyboard only.

How about an iPad in a big baggie?

The older Fujitsu Pen Tablets have foul weather/rugged enclosures. Fujitsu, also, put out spill resistant Laptops. You can find great deals on lots of things like this on eBay.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.