Question about Hayward 4025 parts

Ashbourne

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2010
Western Piedmont, NC
I am getting a good bit of debris (grit and dirt) in the pool from the returns, so I figured it might be time to replace my cartridges. I took the filter apart and I noticed that the clear tube that comes up from the bottom collector manifold has a little rubber piece fit onto the top of it, with a very fine mesh screen around it. The screen is coming off and there was a lot of dirt/bugs/etc. up inside the rubber piece.

So...I ordered that part (#12 on the drawing; the a/b/c/d is for the different size filters) thinking this piece would be part of the hose - since its not shown separately on this parts list - but what I got was just the hose.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know what this part is, or a part number?

2. Could this be contributing to my filtration problems, or should I not even worry about it?

If I can't find the part I guess I could try to glue the screen back - it looks like it was originally glued and the glue has given out. The filter will be three years old this year.

Thanks!

Attachments

• haywardfilter.png
    haywardfilter.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.