New Pentair LED light Stuck on RED

Pete79

Jun 18, 2010
I just had two new Pentair LED intellibrite color changing lights installed about a month ago. All was working well till last night when one of the lights rotated to red. It's now stuck on Red and wont cycle or sync with the other light - no matter what mode I try and put it in. I've shut the breaker off in the hopes it would reset the light - but no luck so far.

I have a call into Pentair but they didnt have any info to help - sometime next week they'll contact me with addition info (so I'm told).

Anyone every experienced this problem before? Any insight?

Thanks......

Update to my update... So to speak..

The Pentair rep came out not to replace the light like we were lead to beleive but to get the serial number (which I could have given him) so he can call Pentair (redundant I thought) to see if they WANT to replace the light.. Hmm, the light is only 40 days old..

It would seem that the Pentair rep could figure out the light is not working appropriately and just replace the light!

Moral I guess is we will not buy Pentair again with the service we've received so far..

My point is, the builder should be the one to change it out. You should not even have to deal with pentair. When my hayward light went out after 18 months, my builder sent 2 guys out the next day and swapped it out, end of story. The builder dealt with the rep, not me. Thats what should happen here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lights are warranted for one year. You really shouldn't be getting any guff for this, and it should just be replaced. The pool builder might want to just do it for you and handle the rest behind the scenes.

PoolGuyNJ said:
The lights, if he bought all Pentair gear, 3 year warranty.

Scott

If three or more pieces, 3 years. But even if only the light(s), it should be one year.

I know I would just replace it after 40 days and go from there (as I'm sure you would also). Something just doesn't sound quite right here to me.

Got the word this morning from the Pentair guy - 'good news' they told me - and are going to replace it tomorrow.. Like there could be any other news - lol

Anyway Thanks for all the input all - I'm kinda suprised there is not a way to reset these lights ( or atleast no one will spill the beans if there is away)..

I'm not familiar with the Pentair LEDs. I have the ColorSplash. There are several functions, including reset, by how many seconds you turn it off and then on again. Do you have the manual? Surely Pentair, a leader in the industry, would build that function into their lights???? :scratch:

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.