Concrete Pool - Sealing the tile line to the decking???

Mar 17, 2010
Hey everyone,
I've got an issue with the top of my tile line having a crack that i can see under the slab for the decking. Basically i have a stainless steel edging/coping that hangs over the pool in a typical cantilever fashion. The tile line is below this and in places there is a small crack that i can see dirt under the cement slab for the decking. how should this be sealed?

I'm guessing caulk, anything specific other than cement/block caulk?

here is a drawing to illustrate:
pool-gap.jpg

Oftentimes a Silicone bead is placed in conditions like this. You might also try a mastic (take a look at SikaFlex SL and see if that might work for you). I would definitely use something pliable to handle the expansion and contraction.

ok....Most of the areas are fine but i do have one that i could probably stick my pinky in so it may be a 1/4" or so...I'm sure i could clean the dirt out and just fill it with some silicone. It really dosen't need to be waterproof as it's not under water...just an occasional splash or wave (although it is a high humidity area).

Thought about getting some type of waterproof caulk that bonds to concrete...
Possibly these:
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

I think those are a little light duty for what you are trying to achieve. With that big of a gap, you probably need something a little stouter, and you might want some backer rod in there first also.

Take a look here and see if you can find something that you might be able to work with: http://www.sikaconstruction.com/ HD does carry some of the line (it is usually in the masonry area).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.