Privacy Screen / Waterwall

Theo

May 17, 2010
GTA Ontario
Moving into a new house mid-August. The pool is only 2 years old and well maintained. I won't have anything to do before we can start enjoying the pool thanks to the current owners who seem to take pride in their house.

That said there are always those elective projects to do once we're all settled in. The current owners have installed a privacy screen to hide the pump and filter. It's effective, but basic.

[attachment=1:1gbfrkcj]99 Pool4430.jpg[/attachment:1gbfrkcj]

[attachment=0:1gbfrkcj]IMG_7708(web).JPG[/attachment:1gbfrkcj]

I enjoy working with wood and I think I can come up with something a little more ornate.

I'm thinking of making two square cedar columns and suspending a solid privacy partition from them. Seeing as it will be so close to the waterfall do you think it's possible to tap into the waterfall supply line and plumb the solid partition to be a water wall?

If I can't (or shouldn't) tap into it I'll likely build it without the water feature and get creative with some lighting.

Attachments

• 99 Pool4430.jpg
    99 Pool4430.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_7708(web).JPG
    IMG_7708(web).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 746
You should be aware that falling water tends to tends to aerate water which will tend to cause your pH to increase, selective use of water features (fountains, waterfalls, etc.) is a good tool to have in managing your pool chemistry as aeration will help raise the pool's pH without also raising the total alkalinity.

Ike

I think you could probably plumb into the waterfall line. My only concern is that it may be too far away from the seating areas to be seen very much. Hard to tell from pictures.

Nice looking pool. Enjoy it!

Then why not do the waterfall separately from the pool? Reservoir at the bottom, pump sized for the height and flow, decorative wood sculpture to flow over, electrical connection with GFIC. Keep it chlorinated to avoid algae and forget abut the pH effect on the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.