Pool Pilot touch pad not working

poolbee

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
WNY
I have the DG 220 and just the up and down arrows are extremely hard to push. It seems like the panel behind the pad has been pushed away. I had to push with 2 thumbs to feel the button behind the pad. Any way to check this and fix myself?

It isn't too difficult to take the cover off and examine the display/switch panel to see if there is something obvious going on. AutoPilot doesn't publish schematics, but mechanical problems should be practical to fix.

DH is planning onlooking at it tonight. I am fairly sure it is out of warranty(had it 5 years-I have to check my paperwork), and I saw it is 900+ to replace! I was just wondering if anyone has had that problem. The buttons do work if I can reach them!

Poolsean,

That is exactly what has happened to the cover of the control panel. There is not one screw attached and the whole thing has fallen away from the exterior panel. Thanks for the link. Unfortunately we have panel number 3 and is not involved in the recall. Can I buy a new cover? Or do you know of a fix?
Thanks.

We ended up drilling out where the plastic stands were and buying screws and nuts to fit. We used some tygon tubing to create our own stands and screwed it all together and it works fine! We covered the screws on the outside of the cover with a silicone sealant to keep water out. Our unit is already out of warranty so that isn't concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.