Well......here's the results

Jun 14, 2010
Piedmont of NC
The TF-100 was awaiting my arrival home from work. That was some fast shipping,....thanks again Dave for everything...you rock!!

Here's a brief background before the results. Pool was filled last Thursday, tossed in a floater with three 3" pucks to ward off the creepy crawlies, pump connected on Friday to move water (no Filter), massive amounts of rainfall Sun, Mon, Tues = draining water daily with submersible pump. Sand filter finally hooked up and auto chlorinator installed and loaded with nine of the 3" pucks this past Tuesday.

Shocked with one bag of Leslie's shock and started trying to balance water using test strips only. Water has remained crystal clear since being filled a week ago, but reading chlorine levels off the charts. Removed floater, turned off auto chlorinator (has been off ever since), and vacuumed once, this past Tuesday.

Crawled my big ol butt in there for about 5-10 minutes yesterday and today to see if the funk off my body would drop chlorine levels some, and added Borax and Leslie's Alkalinity up this morning before work.

TF-100 arrived, tested things twice, (being a noob and all) figured I'd get an average and use that figure. Everything seems right except if I'm to add my FC to my CC to get my TC, somethings just not jiving there, and I can see that little black dot thingy is gonna take a minute to get used to!!!

FC - 6
CC - 1
TC - 5
PH - 7.5 (same as the human eye from what I here)
T/A - 110
CH - didn't check, my pool has a vinyl liner
CYA - 30

everythinbg looks good except I'm worried about the CC of 1...water is clear? Probably would not hurt to keep FC around 6-7 for a day or two and keep an eye on the CC...if it does not drop in the sunlight, then you should shock.

Your TC is 7...6FC +1 CC

OH YEAH!!!! It's a really pretty bright shade of yellow (TC)! Unfortunately they don't sell a test kit that will register that high! LOL! 5 was at the top of the scale so that's where that figure came from, I'm thinking 7 sounds more like it and is why the AC is now turned off. Hoping use and sunlight will bring it down to more acceptable readings. Yes sir, it's crystal clear!!!! Cheers, Marc

artattacktat2 said:
OH YEAH!!!! It's a really pretty bright shade of yellow (TC)! Unfortunately they don't sell a test kit that will register that high! LOL! 5 was at the top of the scale so that's where that figure came from, I'm thinking 7 sounds more like it and is why the AC is now turned off. Hoping use and sunlight will bring it down to more acceptable readings. Yes sir, it's crystal clear!!!! Cheers, Marc
Marc, to test your FC/CC, use the FAS/DPD test in your TF100 kit! It is accurate up to 50 ppm!

If you have any questions, please post back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.