Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Is there a rule of thumb on when/how often to check the SWCG cell :?: Does the amount of calcium in the water have an affect :?: I would think it would, but I'm still learning. :) I've recently bumped my CH to 275 and plan on keeping it there due to getting a few cobalt stains. What other water factors would contribute to quicker scaling :?:
I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

The chances of calcium scaling can be estimated by looking at the CSI. The higher your CSI, the more likely you are to have scaling. If you keep CSI slightly negative, scaling is unlikely. If you follow our recommended levels you don't normally need to worry about CSI at all, since the recommendations already take that into account. In a SWG cell adding borates lowers the chances of scaling by more than is indicated by the change in CSI, because borates reduce the amount of PH swing that occurs inside the cell.

JasonLion said:
. If you follow our recommended levels you don't normally need to worry about CSI at all, since the recommendations already take that into account. .

Now Jason, who else's recommendations would I follow :?: :-D Even before I added borates this year, my pH was generally always at 7.4-7.5.
But, should I be checking it annually :?: More,less :?:

Hi Lynn,

Your unit will remind you to check the cell every 3 months. With it's 'autoreverse' calcium shouldn't be able to gunk things up, but it's as easy as unscrewing the 2 unions and looking into the cell to see if you have cal or debris in the cell's blades :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.