Need Advice ........pool installation today

kawfytawk

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2010
Waco, Texas
I am having a 16x32x52 oval AGP installed. I read where I should get a 2 speed pump because it saves on electricity. So I told my installer. He asked which one...and I have no clue. Please help with advice. Also, he said one return is fine vs two. He spoke about using a pump that is normally used by spa/jacuzzis

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

You want a two speed above ground pool pump around 1 HP. There are many many brands/models that would be appropriate.

It is fairly common for above ground pumps to also be sold for use in a spa/jacuzzi, the requirements are very similar.

More than one return helps move the water around much better. It helps bring surface debris to the skimmer from the far side of the pool.

Every AG pool I've ever seen has only had one return and with a 1hp motor has had unbelievable circular flow assuming the return is aimed correctly. I have a 20+ year old IG pool with only one return, no issues.

I have a ig pool as well with only one return. My pump is only 3/4 speed and does a very good job on normal days. Sometimes it has a hard time keeping up if someone monstrous happens, but again normal days it does just fine and leaves very little dirt and stuff in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.