First results with new TF-100 ! ! !

May 19, 2010
FC 0
PH 7.5
TA 130
CH 380
CYA 30

Well this is my first post, wanted to wait until I got a real test kit, TF-100xl(awsome). These are my levels as of today. I am trying the BBB method and just needed to know where to go from here. The pool is cloudy :evil: in the deep end but no green :wink: .

Thanks in advance

Next stop, Pool Calculator!

Plug in your numbers, select TroubleFreePools.com in Suggested Goal Levels then punch in what they recommend in the goal column. You might want to add some acid to get pH down to 7.2 or so but then shock away! You'll be using your new kit a lot - every couple hours, or at least before work, after work, and before bed until it's clear, CC is below .5 and you stop losing FC overnight. More explicit directions are here.

Also, be sure you have good circulation, including the drain in the bottom. Motrin works good for the muscle aches after all that brushing.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Richard has given you some good advice.

We like to see a CC number but it certainly sounds like you need to shock. According to pool calc you'll need 3 large bottles to bring your pool to shock level. You'll need a good bit more than that so stock up.

The clouding could possibly be calcium clouding but I doubt it. The advice about lowering your pH to 7.2 will help if that's it.

So I put the three bottles today and the acid to adjust the PH will retest tomorrow. How long does it need to stay at shock level? And when can the kids safely swim, they are bugging me to death.

wcso435 said:
So I put the three bottles today and the acid to adjust the PH will retest tomorrow. How long does it need to stay at shock level? And when can the kids safely swim, they are bugging me to death.
You can stop shocking when CC is 0.5 or lower; An overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less; and the water is clear. When you're done shocking, it's safe to swim.

If pH is 7.2-7.8, and you can see the bottom drain, I'd let 'em in. They'll probably do a good job aerating the water, which will help lower TA, but will cause pH to climb a bit.

Thanks for all the info. This is a great sight for people like me who don't know much. The only place we have here now is a national hardware chain that does pools now. I do not know much but I bet I already know a lot more than them just by reading the pool school and other posts from you guys.
Thanks again,
Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.