A BIG thank you!

Hi guys! I haven't posted for a while, but I wonted to stop by and give a big thank you to everyone who has shard their knowledge on this board. Thanks to TFP, I have been algae-free and sparkling clear all summer long! I bought the TFP kit at the beginning of the season, and I have made it a habit to spend just a few minutes testing my water every day. My time cleaning the filter has decreased and I've only had to bust out the PoolBuster vacuum 3 times to clean up little bits of debris. I've had to maintain CL levels of about 8-10 ppm because of my higher CYA, but I will know better about that for next season.

I can't stress enough how important it is to just spend a few minutes a day to test the waters. I can't remember who has that posted in their signature off the top of my head, but it really inspired me to take charge, and I really feel I'm reaping some benefits finally. In previous seasons, I had struggled with algae at some point or another. I feel like I'm really starting to get a handle on this.

Anyway, thanks again! And for those who are new to BBB, hang in there! It's still a learning process for me, but trust me, it is so worth it when things finally start going right. :-D

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! I'm happy to hear it all worked out for you and you've enjoyed a sparkling pool all summer.
I bet you can do the tests in your sleep, now. Regular testing and dosing does pay off.

Congratulations to you on becoming an expert.

skinnydipper said:
I test my water about 4x a week and I thought I was nuts. ......Bring on the drops!!!

I must be overly obsessive (and have been called anal retentive when it comes to some matters) as I pretty much test daily :oops:

Congratulations Jennifer. Welcome to the world of the "Trouble Free Pool".

Dave

P.S. I believe Carl D is the signature you are referring---"5 minutes a day"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.