Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A BIG thank you!

1. Back To Top    #1

A BIG thank you!

Hi guys! I haven't posted for a while, but I wonted to stop by and give a big thank you to everyone who has shard their knowledge on this board. Thanks to TFP, I have been algae-free and sparkling clear all summer long! I bought the TFP kit at the beginning of the season, and I have made it a habit to spend just a few minutes testing my water every day. My time cleaning the filter has decreased and I've only had to bust out the PoolBuster vacuum 3 times to clean up little bits of debris. I've had to maintain CL levels of about 8-10 ppm because of my higher CYA, but I will know better about that for next season.

I can't stress enough how important it is to just spend a few minutes a day to test the waters. I can't remember who has that posted in their signature off the top of my head, but it really inspired me to take charge, and I really feel I'm reaping some benefits finally. In previous seasons, I had struggled with algae at some point or another. I feel like I'm really starting to get a handle on this.

Anyway, thanks again! And for those who are new to BBB, hang in there! It's still a learning process for me, but trust me, it is so worth it when things finally start going right.

Jennifer

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Hi Jennifer,

Congratulations for getting
    a handle on your pool.

Now you can enjoy the pool!

Remember...Knowledge is power!

Take Care,

Michael Silvester

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Jennifer! I'm happy to hear it all worked out for you and you've enjoyed a sparkling pool all summer.
    I bet you can do the tests in your sleep, now. Regular testing and dosing does pay off.

Congratulations to you on becoming an expert.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Nice work, Jennifer. Perhaps not quite as much as you, but it's very rewarding for all of us on the forum to hear of your success.

This stuff does work.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I test my water about 4x a week and I thought I was nuts. Glad to read it's not as nuts as I once thought. Bring on the drops!!!
    ~Debbie~

28k, 22'x37' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    w/ 7.5' freeform spa raised 18" above pool, Gunite/dark gray plaster, 3 rivers flagstone,
    Aquarite SWCG, Aqualogic ps8, Frog, Colorlogic LED lights.
    Completed 2/06, in Sunny So Cal!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydipper
    I test my water about 4x a week and I thought I was nuts. ......Bring on the drops!!!
    I must be overly obsessive (and have been called anal retentive when it comes to some matters) as I pretty much test daily

Congratulations Jennifer. Welcome to the world of the "Trouble Free Pool".

Dave

P.S. I believe Carl D is the signature you are referring---"5 minutes a day"

7. Back To Top    #7
    Glad it worked out for you Jennifer!

dan
    21' Aqua-Leader AGP (10,200 gallons).
    Hayward cartridge filter and two speed pump.
    Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Salt 3200ppm (in non-salt water pool)
    Borates 20ppm (slowly raising)
    Aqua-Rite SWG