Found! Source for calcium buildup removal

Vegasmom

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
It's been a long time since I've posted anything here, but I did want to share a very positive experience I had with my pool builder. Some of you may recall we had a challenging build and were not always pleased with their handling of our project. In the course of the last 2 years, we have had some problems. Some remedied, others attempted to be in earnest. The latest was a leak in the 10' rain waterfall that caused some major leaching and calcium buildup of the center wall.

Before we realized there was a leak, I went in search of a way to remove the buildup. Came across this company, who came out and gave an estimate for the work to be done. Glad I found them, they're wonderful and I will use them probably once a year to clean our tile. They use mineral salts, which if you read the info at the site, has many benefits over glass beading.

http://www.cleanpooltile.com/

Smart Pools has this technology and were in fact trained by Steve and Linda at CPT.com. They really stepped up to the plate with regards to fixing the leak and then bringing out their equipment to clean everything up. My opinion of them has done a 180. We are very pleased.

Here are before and afters.

The leak was a crack in the membrane. We were unaware for a long time, the buildup began forming nearly a year ago. I was initially told by several people it was the minerals leaching from the concrete behind the tile and there was nothing we could do.

waterfallleak008.jpg

waterfallleak007.jpg

poolproblems010.jpg

poolproblems013.jpg

Like new :-D

pool005-1.jpg

pool006-1.jpg

pool003-1.jpg

Looks very nice! I would have agreed it was minerals leaching, so I'm glad you found out what the problem was. Thanks for posting the info, as I'm sure somebody else will benefit from it as well.

Thanks, John. It just didn't make sense that it was leaching because the soil behind that wall is not wet (bamboo is in pots), and the waterfall does not flow anywhere but straight down in front of the tiles.

Last summer, I had tried cleaning that up with MA to no avail. The buildup looked so bad I wished we had designed the pool differently. It's nice to have it clean again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.