New guy from Tenn!

VOL61

May 27, 2010
Hi all,

We are almost ready to break ground on our new pool. I can't wait. But sometimes , I won't lie, I wonder if I am doing the right thing getting one. I read all the problems people have that are on here and they ask for advice. I wonder how soon I will be that guy. I wonder if it will be overwhelming. I wonder if every spare minute I have will be spent working on the pool.

We are getting an 18 x 36 liner pool. I do plan to get a salt system and a automatic cleaner. Any other suggestions from you guys on making my life easier would be appreciated.

I am new here and this is my first post. I have been looking and reading awhile. I look forward to using this forum in the future.

Thanks alot, Josh

Any other suggestions from you guys on making my life easier would be appreciated.
Yep, get yourself one of the good test kits. You can see the test kit comparison in Pool School. The fav around here is the TF100.

Enjoy your pool!.......and remember it is a swimming pool and not rocket science :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

welcome vol61.. I'm in e.tn. west of oak ridge. This is my first full season with a pool and it's not very time consuming. I could probably spend less time on maintenance, but really it's relaxing to do. The construction part is slow (especially if it's rainy) at times and can get stressful but the end product is worth it.
With a good test kit and this site you'll do fine,. I'm brand new at it,, but so far,,,,, so good!