Cloudy Pool

Aug 9, 2007
Help
I have a intex above groud pool that has been cloudy from day 1 thru today or about 2 months
The water is just now beginning to clear alittle (I can see the third rung on the ladder in the pool)
Cyanic low and PH high/Bad combo im guessing
what do I add as far as chemistry goes
The pool place told me my alkalinity was to high and to add miratic acid/I did,and it lowered the alk level
but the water is still cloudy/I feel like i am close but cant get there
Confused
Dave :? :?

I still have cloudy water, Intex Pool, I kept the pool at shock level for a few days, have kept it at or above 5ppm since, PH has been in range, ALK is 100, CYA is down to 20 because I drained about 1/3 of the water trying to get rid of some of the cloudy water. I have tried leaving the pump going 24/7 washing the filter out several times a day, I have tried letting everything settle and then vacuuming, and I still have cloudy water, but atleast it's sanitary, and the kids do not mind the cloudy, it just drives ME nuts.

davidjacka said:
Help
I have a intex above groud pool that has been cloudy from day 1 thru today or about 2 months
The water is just now beginning to clear alittle (I can see the third rung on the ladder in the pool)
Cyanic low and PH high/Bad combo im guessing
what do I add as far as chemistry goes
The pool place told me my alkalinity was to high and to add miratic acid/I did,and it lowered the alk level
but the water is still cloudy/I feel like i am close but cant get there
Confused
Dave :? :?

Welcome to the forum :)

To get a clearer picture of just what's going on with your water you really need to post a set of test numbers (FC, CC, Ph, TA, CYA etc.)

Lowering the TA takes more than just adding muriatic acid...let us know when you get the test results :)

dan

David,

To add to what Dan said, Muriatic should be used to lower pH, but not Alk. Alk can only be permanently lowered thru aeration as described in the stickies at the top of the forum index.

Well I did manage to clear up the water finally. With the Intex pump/filter.

I just started leaving everything off all night every night and running the aqua critter vacuum all day every day and after about 5 days, it seems to be clear.

I think you really wouldn't need the aqua critter if you could just rig up a way where you are sucking the water into the pump from the bottom of the pool instead of having it come in at the top.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.