Intelliflo speeds, programming and schedule w/Easy Touch

Apr 30, 2010
My PB gave me very little guidance on how to program the Intelliflo through the Easy Touch. I have figured a good bit of it out and looked through this board to give me some great guidance. A couple questions that still linger.

1) I am controlling the different speeds of the pump through different Features. These different features are scheduled to run at different times. One thing I don't know for certain that I have seen elsewhere is do I have to schedule the Pool circuit to run 24/7 to allow these features to work (my understanding is that the Pool circuit is what actually turns the pump on - Features only control the speeds.) Or even if I don't do 24/7 on the pool circuit, i need to at least schedule the Pool circuit to come on 5 minutes before and after my Feature time to ensure the pump comes on or off.

2) Assuming I get #1 to work correctly and can change speeds when I want to, what do people recommend on the speed settings and duration during a 24 hour period? I was thinking about 12 hours on 2500 rpm and 12 hours on 1000 rpm. Do I really need to run all 24 hours? Should I run faster during the day or at night? I do have an Intellichlor which I know alters the run times but it won't be running for a few more weeks as it's new plaster and can't add the salt yet. Just trying to learn the basics on when to run and how fast to run the pump.

I doubt there is any need to run the pump 24/7 as long as things are going well. I would aim for something around 1000 rpm for perhaps 18 hours, with two or three relatively brief periods (perhaps 30 minutes) at 2500 rpm to make sure the skimmers pick up surface debris.

wahoowa, i currently run my intelliflo VS 3050 12 hours per day from 0700-1900 (7pm). it runs at 1800 RPM from 7 am until 3pm and that's when the cleaner comes on. i then bump the speed to 2500 for 3 hours to clean up surface debris while the cleaner is running. from 6 pm until 7 pm it's back at 1800 RPMs. i used mas985's spreadsheet to determine how many GPM's i was getting based on the pump speed and watts the pump was using at that speed. hope this helps.

ajones02 said:
... i used mas985's spreadsheet to determine how many GPM's i was getting based on the pump speed and watts the pump was using at that speed. hope this helps.

+1

Then using your electric rates you can determine the most cost effective speed(s)/times.

Using just the pump I don't think it can be done, but with the Easytouch controller it displays Watts and RPM on the status part of the settings menu.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.