cleaning the sand

May 26, 2010
I sincerely hope this is not a DUHHHHH!!! question...... :lol:

When looking at the instructions for cleaning the sand bed with a water hose, I went outside, took off the pressurized ring under the multiport valve, and looked inside. I can't see the sand, just a divider of sorts and I'm assuming the sand is below that? Does the whole top of the filter need to come off, or can I stick the water hose into one of the divided sections?

And now for the REALLY dumb question......

If I have to completely expose the sand bed, what's the best way to move that monstrously heavy filter out from under the plumbing??????? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: (yes, i'm a female--and yes, I lack a garage full of tools and equipment! :lol: )

What model sand filter do you have?

Sounds like to me you just took the top off the multiport. You have to completely remove the multiport from the filter tank to access the sand. Provided it's not a side valve style. So yes, that means disconnecting the plumbing. Post a pic of the plumbing and filter & we can tell you what you need to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.