New guy with pool woes

Jun 16, 2010
Hi. My name is Bill. My wife and I bought a house last september with an above ground pool. I'm guessing it holds about 8500-9000 gallons of water(18' round and 4' deep or so). The pool was not opened last year. When we took the cover off this year the water was green. Got our water tested and got some supplies to treat it. Now it's a lighter green (mint color), but just won't clear up. We can see the bottom if you strain your eyes. I have a test kit from Leslies pool. Here is what I have found:
FC 3
TC 2
CC 1
BR 6
PH 7.2
TA 200
CH 170
CYA 0 (not sure if I did this one right)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

Welcome to TFP Bill,

You have a couple of numbers transposed. I think you have the FC & TC transposed. FC + CC = TC

What's the model number of the test kit you have?

If you haven't already you need to read Pool School on how to shock you pool. With a CC of 1 you need to shock. Keep in miind that shock is a process not a product. I suggest using bleach to shock.

If you haven't already, you should learn how to use the Pool Calculator. Links to it and pool school are in my sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.