Before cutting the liner...

Jun 16, 2010
At the beginning of the season, I was given a larger above ground pool. I had previously owned a 15 foot in diameter intex pool with an intex saltwater chlorinator pump combo. Since the larger pool was in fair shape, I decided to give the smaller pool, with the default pump that came with it, to a family member and use the larger pool with the saltware pump. After I had already given the smaller pool away I discovered that the larger pool was made by summer escapes. The wall fittings on the summer escape pool were not in the best of shape, and I still had the large intex side wall fittings. However, the intex wall fittings are slightly larger than the openning in the summer escape pool.

My question is, has anyone tried cutting the liner around the wall fitting to create a larger opening for something else? Did summer escapes just cut a hole in the liner to create the opening or is there some stitching or adhesive that creates the round opening? Any suggestions on how to go about doing this without buying a new liner?

I'd just buy a standard return fitting and replace it in kind. Why take a chance on ruining the pool to save a couple of dollars. I realize you already have the fitting but if you should slip when cutting the opening larger you've just ruined your pool.

I spoke with Genfoam and the opening is machine cut and then stitched. The return is fine, I can use the existing one. However, I have an over the wall skimmer I would like to use, and it will not adapt to the summer escape fitting.

EVERYTHING can be adapted - you need to visit the PVC supply store. Post pix with the fittings you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.