32'x16' Doughboy with partial bury under construction

Day 4 Pictures:
day4001.jpg

day4002.jpg

day4003.jpg

day4004.jpg

After the liner was in, they pumped water back out of the pool into a temp pool while they installed the skimmer.
day4005.jpg

day4006.jpg

day4007.jpg

day4008.jpg

day4009.jpg

day4010.jpg

day4011.jpg

day4012.jpg

day4013.jpg

day4014.jpg

Tomorrow I will install the steps and we go swimming!

Hey, been following your build, but I haven't posted much in the past few days. I wanted to say, looks great! We're not far behind you over here, the liner's going in tomorrow, and it's been a long, hard road for us.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your pool for a long, long time!

Thanks everyone... The wife couldn't wait for me to get the steps in and went swimming. It seems that I have made her a very happy woman! ;-)

The concrete framer will be back tomorrow to start framing out the expanded patio. We are adding about 500 sqft to our current 200 sqft patio. That will be it for now, but next spring will begin the deck build.

Great pictures! We are putting in a doughboy 18x38 with 7' deep end as well. Just wondering if you have any tips as to how you got the sand to pack so well to the sides of the deep end- our soil is quite loose and gravelly and tends to cave in easily. We are currently putting in the side supports and hope to be to the sand in a few days-any suggestions would be great as we are doing it all ourselves! :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi. Thought I'd hop in here, since no one has responded yet. Our ground is the nasty old dry clay, which the installer kept sprinkling with water before he put the sand on. Then he sprinkled the sand with a little water and the guy tamped it. It sounds like, with your ground, you may have to add that stuff they use when building roads, that hardens the ground - don't know what it's called. Otherwise, it seems you'd have to just get the job done quickly, as in tamping the ground real good, getting the sand on and tamped good, then the weight of the water would ultimately hold it in place. Just my thoughts - I'm no installer!!

I wouldn't mix hardner with the sand. I'd put the hardner on your crumbling ground to hold it in place so you can get a good bed of sand on top of it, tamping both really well, then get your liner on and water in the pool. Our installer recommended that we not swim in ours for the first season...yeh right :shock: so the sand could settle in good with the weight of the water. Heck, our kids were in that pool before we got all the water into it!! I would also suggest you do a "Search" on this site to see what others have done. It may take some digging, but I'm sure someone else has had your problem. Sometimes, too, you can just google your problem and this site shows up on the google search, with the answer.

One more thing, you should start your own thread and have the title reflect your question. You'll get responses that way. We've hi-jacked this thread!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.