no clue what im doing

Jun 15, 2010
well heres my problem my mom just bought an 18 foot circular pool above ground and we dont have the slightest clue on how to start the water all we know so far is putting the hose in the pool and filling it up.. we need as much help as we can get.. this is what we have..
5- 1lbs bags of hth super shock n swim
2- 1.25lbs bags of ph up
2- 1lbs bags of stabilizer
1- 3lbs bag of ph down
and 3" jumbo blue tabs and 10 test strips.. i dont know if it matters everything is natures way except the shock n swim.. if i could get a step by step guide that would be amazing.. ooh and also we have power-flo lx pump with a swim pro filter system.. im guessing we will need help with that to..

Is this a seasonal "Intex" type pool or a permanent install?

I'm guessing these various chems were part of a kit of some sort?

Start with the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and work your way down from there, reading all the articles in Pool School. Then post back here if you need further clarification on anything. :)

Ok, then start off by reading the articles in Pool School - virtually everything you need to know is there. I know it's alot to absorb all at once, but we'll help you thru.

Do you have any way to test besides the strips?

Take a sample of the water and post the results on this thread and we'll see from there. :)

i have a pool store down the street so ill take some water in to them.. its just alot at once to take in and im not the type who can read it and be like great grandmas spatchula i understand it haha.. i need like a list of specific directions or a visual kinda my down fall so ill take some water to the pool place and let you know from there.. thanks for the help so far.. oo i have no trees in the back ward and we get tons of sun back there does that matter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.