Our pool build in Houston

Apr 29, 2010
Hi all, first post. Signed contract on 5/5 after getting bids from too many builders. Did not close until 5/25 because of holdups at the title company. Dig and steel 6/1. Gunite & rough plumbing 6/2. Set equipment 6/3. Rock waterfall & rock beam 6/4. Plumbing 6/9. Coping & tile 6/10. Electrician 6/13. Plaster and decking still to come.

Equipment:
Pentair DE filter
Pentair whisper flo
Easy touch 8 with wireless remote
Polaris w booster pump
IntelliChlor
Pentair minimax 400,000
Delzone Ozone

pooldig1001-1.jpg

poolsteel022.jpg

rockbeamrockwaterfall001.jpg

flagstonetile026.jpg

flagstonetile014.jpg

accenttilecousins004.jpg

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/heathshluler/pool dig/

g1texas said:
We are swimming, just need to do landscaping and outdoor kitchen
poolfinished016.jpg

Considering the rains we have been having, you may want to re-rout the downspout coming off your patio. You don't want to dump shingle gravel and debris into your pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lershac said:
I hope the crepe myrtles are far enough back from the pool, they drop a lot of debris. I know I have a 30year old mature tree by my driveway that keeps it dirty
Ugh! The bane of my pool existence! Neighbor has about 4 30 footers on the fence line and the debris all ends up in my pool!

g1- That is a beautiful pool you have built! May you have many happy trouble free years with it! Keeping the crepe myrtles small will help a lot!

Lershac said:
I hope the crepe myrtles are far enough back from the pool, they drop a lot of debris. I know I have a 30year old mature tree by my driveway that keeps it dirty
We are hopeful also, we will give it a year and see how it goes. We would like to keep them but if they have to go they are gone.

Did the PB use any sealant on the rocks? Was there any instructions to renew it, if used, on any particular schedule? Any product recommendations?

My pool looks sort of like that, but they or the landscaper piled a lot of dirt at the back and so that soil falls into the pool on occasion. Also, the rocks can grow a lot of algae sometimes, so I do have to spray 50% bleach on occasion and I worry that this may damage the rocks, they are rather sandy.

anonapersona said:
Did the PB use any sealant on the rocks? Was there any instructions to renew it, if used, on any particular schedule? Any product recommendations?

My pool looks sort of like that, but they or the landscaper piled a lot of dirt at the back and so that soil falls into the pool on occasion. Also, the rocks can grow a lot of algae sometimes, so I do have to spray 50% bleach on occasion and I worry that this may damage the rocks, they are rather sandy.
No about using sealant.

Is it algae or moss on your rocks?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.