Anyone heard of Ikeric and Hybrid-Pumps pump makers?

ride525 said:
Bruce,

What's a KTM owner? Guess I'm not, if I don't know...
:)

PMing you

KTM makes a great line of motorcycles (Austrian). Someday I'd like to have one (or more!), and I was envious! The 525 that they make is one that I would like :goodjob:

I'll check my PM's.

Jeff,
Lack of doc was also a worry for me but all the doc that the big vendors put out doesn't really mean that much other than head curve. It would be nice for Hybrid to put more info out. Their pumps are custom designed by Hybrid and made under contract by a large pump company. Their drives range from off the shelf units used commercially to custom designed units built by a drive company specifically for Hybrid (similar to Pentair - an external drive company custom built their drive for Pentair - at least that's what I read).

I have to admit that even the doc they give out does not keep up with their product development. BTW, Hybrid has done a couple of installs in NorCal so if you are interested, you can ask them. Being a small company, their product development cycle is pretty short. They are developing new drives with new capabilities and making improvements to their pumps. When Pentair came out with their Intelliflo, they introduced new models as they made improvements (vs, vs+svrs, vf - maybe they even still have the original model). Hybrid just keeps calling their latest product the same model and just gives you the latest updated model. My X2 is different from Bruce's and different from the picture on the website and owner's manual.

With either the VF or X2, you may need to change the flow for the vac so it is operating at optimum efficiency. Go with the pump that works for you. I was swayed by having local support if I needed it. Pentair has people nationwide that can service their equipment - you just have to find one that works for your benefit.

ttmatsu,
My 1.5" copper plumping to and from the pool (2" pvc everywhere else above ground) has quite a number of 90's if I include the solar heater.
Assuming I'm also getting no more than 30gmp, that means I should run it for 8.5 hours to at least get one turn over of my 15,000 pool? Hybrid guy suggested I run it 6 hours, but that's without knowing my gmp. Would you all recommend 8.5 hours or more/less?
Peter T.

Peter,
It all depends on the quality of your water. There is nothing really "magic" about 1 turnover per day. I run my pump 8 hours at 40 gpm but 1 turnover requires 13 hours. I judge how long I have to run the pump by the water quality. Because of the water restrictions, I keep my pool covered to reduce evaporation so my water temp is pretty high but no algae problems and water is clear. I would start at 5 or 6 hours and as long as the water quality remains good, no problem. If you start to see issues and your chemical balance is good, then up the hours as required.

Keep the sanitizer and ph consistent and you should be good at 6 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.