Intex SWG help!

stazy

Jun 14, 2010
I have the 18' easy set up Intex pool. I thought I would go for the SWG with pump. I ordered one from
Amazon with the copper ionization. I hooked it up and the filter would not run so I am returning it.

I need to know what I should do: get the 2009 model with pump and w/o copper and has a pump that does 2000 gal/hr or just get a SWG to hook up to my existing 1500 gal/hr pump (then I would have to get a time too)? I thought it would be best to get the combo (after reading the forum, I will not get the copper model) since the pump is bigger, but I figure next year I will need a new pool since I've been having to patch mine and it comes with a filter.

Please help! I have already put in 120 pounds of salt in the pool so I need a SWG!

First off, don't panic - many people have put salt in their pools just for the feel of it so you don't have a big problem there. We did for some years before actually adding a SWG unit. If you are planning on getting a new pool - in my opinion - you would be best off to get a stand alone unit, NOT with an Intex pump attached. The Intex pump/filter units are as close to ineffective junk across the board as you can get. A lot of people with Intex pools and similar pools that size often purchase pump and filter upgrades (non Intex) and are really quite glad they have

Thank you for your response. I ordered the stand alone of ebay and in the meantime put a floater of chlorine in the pool. You mentioned the pump /filter upgrades - non intex - which brand are you talking about? I'm not very knowledgeable in this department.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.