Walls collapsing while filling - please help me!

Jun 2, 2010
Please help, this pool is ruining my marriage!

Finally almost done installing a used Hayword 21'x48" AGP. Yesterday we installed the new beaded liner, filled the pool to 1", brushed out the wrinkles and turned of the shop vac as per instructions. It looked beautiful. Today I turned on the hoses and started filling the pool again. I got to about 6" deep and the walls started buckling! I turned off the water. What do I do now? The buckles aren't too bad, but any buckle seems fairly catastrophic.

Help!
Tamara

Can you post a picture? We've had some people who think their walls are coming in and but they aren't - the liner will stretch in. It REALLY helps to fill the pool on a hot sunny day - that liner will really get soft as butter and stretch so nicely when it's hot and sunny (sun is THE biggest factor - cloudy and warm is not the same)

The sand base is perfectly level and the cove is one of those preformed foam things. The liner fit beautifully. I did start filling it yesterday in the morning though. It was about 70 degrees and the sun wasn't hot yet. Dh thinks we should just keep filling and hope the pressure of the water will push out the dents in the wall. I'll wait until it gets hot and sunny to turn on the water today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.