Old Hayward DE filter Clamp Assy (2 pieces)

Jun 14, 2010
Re: Help with reinstalling Hayward DE filter "belly clamp"??

waste said:
This ain't hard :)

Which model do you have?

Older models have 2 sets of 'spring loaded bolts' - if that's your case, loosen the other bolt assembly :cool:

If you have a single bolt model, make sure the top of the unit is ~ all the way down before trying to tighten the bolt :-D

More help is available if you post pics or can give us a better idea of your situation :goodjob:

Hello, are you familiar with the older model clamp? that's what I had. Do you know where I can buy new clamp assy to replace what I have? Thanks. :oops:

Older Hayward DE filter double Clamp (old type)

Does anybody know where can I buy the replacement clamp assy. The 2 sleeve nuts on my clamp has wear out on the thread. I tried to look online, but no help. Your help are greatly appreciated.

Hello,
Does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts (nuts/washers/spring) for this type of hayward old type double clamp? The new hayward DE filter has single point clamp assy (1 set of sleeve nut, 2 washers, 1 spring). Mine has 2 sets and the clamp are in 2 pieces. I've been looking for this, and seems no local stores in my area can find me parts as well as whole new assy. Thank you very much for reading.

Re: Older Hayward DE filter double Clamp (old type)

nguyenmd said:
Does anybody know where can I buy the replacement clamp assy. The 2 sleeve nuts on my clamp has wear out on the thread. I tried to look online, but no help. Your help are greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!!

What you want is a DE2400 J-KIT (this assumes the 'bolts' are OK)- I'm not sure, but they may have stopped making them :( I may be able to find one in our warehouse, but can't guarantee it. Try to find one on-line, and if you can't - let me know and I'll dig through the parts at our store.

Re: Older Hayward DE filter double Clamp (old type)

waste said:
nguyenmd said:

Welcome to TFP!!

What you want is a DE2400 J-KIT (this assumes the 'bolts' are OK)- I'm not sure, but they may have stopped making them :( I may be able to find one in our warehouse, but can't guarantee it. Try to find one on-line, and if you can't - let me know and I'll dig through the parts at our store.

Thanks. please let me know if you have the sleeve nut. Both mine are stripped. Please let me know what you have.
Again, thanks.

waste said:
Please see the other thread :cool:

Topics merged to avoid duplication. JasonLion

Hello:
Do you know of a direct replacement from hayward, a complete new DE filter system. May be I should replace a whole new one. But I want to limit the plumbing work. I think I have a 48 SFT model.
There is no part number on the filter. Is there a way to find out what model (size) DE filter I currently have? Thanks.

Well of course I found a couple of them :) (they aren't new, I salvaged them off a filter we replaced, but I'll gladly send them to you for free - all you need do is PM me a mailing address :cool: )

(I'm sort of a 'pack-rat' and tend to keep little parts that are still serviceable when I replace equipment)

Do you also need the springs and washers? If so, just let me know :whoot:

waste said:
Well of course I found a couple of them :) (they aren't new, I salvaged them off a filter we replaced, but I'll gladly send them to you for free - all you need do is PM me a mailing address :cool: )

(I'm sort of a 'pack-rat' and tend to keep little parts that are still serviceable when I replace equipment)

Do you also need the springs and washers? If so, just let me know :whoot:

:party: :party:
Thanks a million. i just PM you my address. You just saved my life. My wife and kids will greatly thank you. :-D :-D :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am so happy to have found this site! I live in pool h-ail ! I have a Hayward DE Filter that I struggle putting the filter clamp around the middle. It is so hard for me to get the washer, spring and bolt to tighten. Today is Saturday and I have attempted to get the bolt to thread for roughly 3 hours today with no success! I just drained my pool because of other problems and am starting with that entailed cleaning the filters. It is always a frustrating experience for me to clean the filters the bolt is very very hard to get to thread on the long screw. any help would be appreciated. I might need what the last guy on this post needed? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!!

Sounds like you have a newer single bolt model. Odds are that the long nut is stripped, but check the bolt's threads. The bolts are harder to come by (it never occurred to me to salvage them :oops: ) but I'm pretty sure I've got the long nut in my lunchbox :shock: :? (please don't ask why :lol: )

If it's the nut, PM me a mailing address and I'll throw it in the mail :)

(Note- this is the last one I know I have, but I'll continue to salvage parts as I come across them :cool: . Waste's Used Pool Parts operates on a first come, first served basis - so ask now, while there's still an inventory :cheers: )

BTW, if it is the nut, you'll probably see some brass in the treads of the bolt, remove it. :wink:

My Clamp was damaged today and it one of the 2 Piece assemblies. Everywhere I read is that this part is obsolete. Where it broke is the metal strap that holds the receiving nut in place. Is there a newer clamp that will fit an older Micro Clear 2400?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.