Help - bubbles, girgles, cracks!!!

I just finished starting up my system after replumbing yesterday. Here's what I've found...

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

I have short videos of the girgling but I don't know how to attach them.

I know there's obviously air in the system.. is the air coming from those cracks? if so, what to do?

is the air coming from pump restarting? ( i moved it from one area of yard to another) I would think it would have been flushed out by now.

Please Help!!!

Looks like the threaded adaptors were screwed in too tight and split the fittings. About the only thing you can do besides replace the skimmer and multiport is to try some epoxy on them. I'm not sure that will work but it may be worth a try.

esim13 said:
On the multiport valve crack, could I just replumb using those outer threads?
I used to think you could but if you look carefully at them you'll see that they're not standard threads. Nor are they standard size.

They're actually Buttress threads and I'm not familiar with any standard fittings that will engage them properly.

Is it okay to continue running the pump with all the air in it? Or should I just turn it off? When it's off the crack at the skimmer box leaks.

Also, when putting on the silicone do I need to turn the pump off or leave it running to perhaps suck some of the silicone in?

Thanks!

It's been raining so I haven't been able to get out there a try the silicone. However, the bubbles in the basket are gone and I don't hear the girgling from either end anymore!!! I still planning on applying the silicone but I'm thinking since it was all new lines it took a little time for the air to get out.?!?!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.