Our New Pool Build in Michigan

Update on Our Pool in Michigan

I finally have the feeling that we'll have a pool and a backyard again in a few weeks. All the steel walls are up, and the inspector came out today and approved this phase of the build. Tomorrow they'll take care of the footing cement, run lines and start the vericulite. WHOO HOOO - I'm going to have a pool :)

msteff - we're using Sunburst Pools, out of Casco (we live in Sterling Heights)...we chose Sunburst because, Anthony, the owner, is the ONLY pool builder here in Michigan who really seemed to listen to what I wanted and work with me on pricing, etc. So far, so good. He's been extremely patient with all of our questions and the changing of our minds many times along the way. He was here yesterday hooking up all of the equipment, and I believe our next step is to have the liner installed. After that we have to wait two weeks to have the concrete work done, as the backfill needs time to settle. I'll post more pics as more progress is made. Good luck!

We have been shopping a lot of different builders and also pool types. I am still on the fence with going with a concrete pool or Vinyl. Lapeer Pool and Spa is probably the front runner for Vinyl. American pool for Gunite. We also would like to look into Southern Michigan Pool Pros(Vinyl). They advertise that the pool will have water in 48hrs or less. That seems pretty fast and the pics on their web site seem convincing. Keep us posted on your build's progress!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.