Does evaporation/auto fill lower salt levels?

Jun 13, 2010
I have them same issue with salt dropping. I have a 17k gal pebble tech bottom pool in southern California. I do have an auto filler and it trickles most of the day. However, our pool also has an attached jacuzzi which we use quite a bit. So with kids jumping in and out and steam from the jacuzzi the auto fill dribbles throughout the day.

Does evaporation/auto fill lower salt levels?

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Evaporation and refilling does not lower salt levels. Both splash out and leaks followed by refilling does lower the salt level.

If you salt level is going down noticeably, you either have an huge amount of splash out, or you have a leak.

I only add salt once a year when I replace some of the water. If you don't have splash out, then the only other cause would be either a leak or the salt cell could be failing if you use that as a salt measurement.

The fact that your auto water leveler is running constantly means you're losing water somewhere. If you turn OFF your automatic water leveler, a dropage of your water line will indicate how much water you're losing.
If you have a chance to do this with no one using the pool or spa, would confirm a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.