My numbers...

Apr 30, 2009
Huntsville,TX
Water seems a little off clarity wise (not bad...can still clearly see the tops of the screws in the drains of the deep end. I do have a touch of OCD, so I notice everything I think). For one thing, I just cleaned my filter for the first time. It was dirty, but I have no frame of reference as to how dirty. Should have cleaned it sooner, but why I didn't is a long story. Anyhow, here are my numbers:

FC: 3.5
CC: .5 (first time I've ever come back with any)
TC: 4.0
Ph: 7.8 (I'm about to go add some MA now to drop it down to about 7.6 or so)
TA: 80
CH: 210 (this number has gradually dropped over the last 4 months and I'm not sure why...started around 320)
CYA: 20 (I think this may be my issue)
Temp: 90

I've entered my numbers into the pool calculator and it says I'm balanced. Can I get rid of the CC's by raising my FC level and without shocking? I have bumped up the SWCG to 100%. I currently run my pump on high from 8:00 am to 9:00 am, low from 9 to 5, and high again from 5 to 6. I think I'm going to extend the pump hours also. I get lots of direct sunlight and the temps are hitting the mid 90's here during the day.

With a SWG you want your CYA level to be between 70 and 80. This will make a huge difference. Right now with low CYA you FC level drops during the day, which is probably where the CC and slight haze is coming from.

CC at 0.5 or lower is alright. You only need to worry about it when it is 1.0 or higher.

You should bring your CH level up a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.