new and lost

Jun 13, 2010
Hi new to the website

We have a kidney shape inground pool second year, my husband put in algae solution know we have a bubble bath in our pool suds,everywhere, any suggestions. Gladly appreciated

Welcome to TFP.

A lot of algaecides cause foaming. Please post a full set of numbers and how you got them and we can be of more help. Also post how you normally chlorinate your pool. Holding your FC a little higher for a few days should help the foaming.

hello!.... usually the cheap algaecides make the foam.(when using algaecides i would reccomend polyquat60) also algaecides are mostly used to PREVENT algae. if u already have algae then it would be pointless to use at this point. i would reccomend shocking your pool.. (shocking is a process)... go to the Pool School section and scroll down to "how to shock your pool"

shocking should turn your water a cloudy blue color.(leave your pump running 24/7 through this process)

weve all been in your position.

everyday vacume the bottom of your pool, backwash frequently.

at this point i would flock the pool.(flock is a chemical) this brings all floating particles to the bottom of the pool.
IF U FLOCKmake sure you vacume to waste.

vacume.vacume.vacume..... im on here all the time if u have any questions!

I'm not sure OP needs to use a flocculant or shock just yet. Test results will be very helpful, but if the pool is fine except for the agaecide and resultant foaming, I woulod simply elevate the FC and let it clear up over the next day or so.

Shocking the pool might be needed (if there's something in the test results to indicate it but I would only use a flocculant as sort of a last resort after everything else had failed.

I would also suggest to OP that, like a car, a pool will perform better if there is only one driver.