FC - 10.5
CC - 0
TC - 10.5
pH - 7.8
T/A - 90
CH - 270
CYA - 40
Temp - 93

Okay here's my CYA history. 7/25 no CYA per test. Added about 3 lbs. Retested 7/30 no CYA added 1.5 lbs. Retested by pool co. 8-2 and they stated CYA was very low (can not remember the number). Added 2 lbs of CYA. What is going on???? What do I need to do to get the CYA up????

Also, appears my CL keeps going higher and higher. On 7/25 it was 2.5, on 7/30 it was 7. On 8/02 it was 9.5. I did taylor test kit for the past couple days and it was way darker then 5. Now it's 10.5. How do I get it down??? I have not added any CL as far as bleaching or shocking. My salt level has been about 3500 and have not added salt since 7/21. My son has been complaining ALOT these past 2 weeks about his eyes hurting when we are swimming (which only happened once in a blue mood prior). Also, I live in South Texas and my pool get full on sun through out the entire day.

Any suggestions? I know I need to lower pH a tad which I will do. Thanks so much!!!!!

What kind of SWG do you have? The fact that the FC level is rising indicates that the CYA level is increasing and the chlorine is not burning off as fast. Lower the output on your generator. It can take a few days for you to see any changes.

One pound of CYA wil raise 3000 gallons to 40 ppm so you will need 2 lbs for each 3000 gallons to get you to 80 ppm or about 8 lbs total to get your pool in the proper range of 60-80 ppm. You've only put in 6.5 lbs so you still need at least one pound more. It can take a week for it to dissolve and it gets caught in the filter as it dissolves so be sure NOT to clean the filter for a week after you add it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.