FC - 10.5
    CC - 0
    TC - 10.5
    pH - 7.8
    T/A - 90
    CH - 270
    CYA - 40
    Temp - 93

Okay here's my CYA history. 7/25 no CYA per test. Added about 3 lbs. Retested 7/30 no CYA added 1.5 lbs. Retested by pool co. 8-2 and they stated CYA was very low (can not remember the number). Added 2 lbs of CYA. What is going on???? What do I need to do to get the CYA up????

Also, appears my CL keeps going higher and higher. On 7/25 it was 2.5, on 7/30 it was 7. On 8/02 it was 9.5. I did taylor test kit for the past couple days and it was way darker then 5. Now it's 10.5. How do I get it down??? I have not added any CL as far as bleaching or shocking. My salt level has been about 3500 and have not added salt since 7/21. My son has been complaining ALOT these past 2 weeks about his eyes hurting when we are swimming (which only happened once in a blue mood prior). Also, I live in South Texas and my pool get full on sun through out the entire day.

Any suggestions? I know I need to lower pH a tad which I will do. Thanks so much!!!!!
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2
    What kind of SWG do you have? The fact that the FC level is rising indicates that the CYA level is increasing and the chlorine is not burning off as fast. Lower the output on your generator. It can take a few days for you to see any changes.

One pound of CYA wil raise 3000 gallons to 40 ppm so you will need 2 lbs for each 3000 gallons to get you to 80 ppm or about 8 lbs total to get your pool in the proper range of 60-80 ppm. You've only put in 6.5 lbs so you still need at least one pound more. It can take a week for it to dissolve and it gets caught in the filter as it dissolves so be sure NOT to clean the filter for a week after you add it.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have intellichlor set at 80%, so should I reduce it to 60% or lower? I will add some MA tonight to get ph down a little and then 2lbs of CYA tomorow morning. Does that sound okay?
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

4. Back To Top    #4
    That sounds reasonable. Just keep an eye on the FC level and adjust the SWG percentage as needed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School