Need help choosing new cleaner

Jun 12, 2010
We have in-ground 25K gallons kidney shape pool 10ft in deep end. For the past couple years we used Hayward Phantom. We would start season with repairing that thing. I am finally fed up with having to pay for repairs every year and would like to buy another pool cleaner.

We already have Hayward booster pump installed. Is there any other cleaners that can be used with Hayward booster pump? I was looking at Polaris cleaners, but not sure if those can be used with Hayward booster pump. And if they will, which model should we get?

Please help!!!

Welcome to TFP.

It doesn't matter what the make of the booster pump is, it's the pressure that matters and the Hayward pump should be fine with a Polaris cleaner. In fact Your booster pump should be fine with a lot of the pressure side cleaners.

Bama Rambler said:
Welcome to TFP.

It doesn't matter what the make of the booster pump is, it's the pressure that matters and the Hayward pump should be fine with a Polaris cleaner. In fact Your booster pump should be fine with a lot of the pressure side cleaners.

Thank you.

We went to Leslie's today and they are really pushing for Polaris 3900sport, but I am not sure. Couple years ago they were saying Phantom is best cleaner and we had a lot of problems and had to fix it every season. Any thoughts on 3900 vs 380?

My booster pump is Hayward 3/4 HP Model 5060.

There are a lot of people on here that are happy with the 380 cleaner and a few that are happy with the 3900. I suspect it's because of the relative age of the 3900 but it's hard to go wrong with the tried technology of the 380.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.