Leigh Ann in Levelland

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
Hello :wave: ....my name is Leigh Ann....I live about 30 miles west of Lubbock Tx...we have had our AG pool for about 7 years now....however, for the past 2 years, we did not cover/winterize it....last year we just drained it and started over...this year we just added water and started digging out all the "GUNK".....needless to say, even after about a month now the water is still green....after an abundance of chemicals and "help" from a pool store....we just can't seem to get it filtered out....there is no algae attached to the walls or bottom....actually there is no debris at all. I have been more than frustrated with this :x ....but I found this website through a friend and have gotten more info in just one day then I have since I got the pool.....hopefully with the help of this site I can get the pool looking like a pool again :goodjob: ....I am very new to this site, so please be patient with me and my posts until I figure it all out....Thanks!!!

Leigh Ann in Levelland :cool:

Welcome Leigh Ann :wave:

First things you need are to read Pool School (which it sounds like you already are) and order a good test kit.

Post a set of test results. Get them from the pool store for now if you have to.

pH
FC
CC
TA
CH
CYA

Also tell use what you've put in there so far.

Thanks ModSquad...

The closet pool store is 30 mins away but here are results from test strip

TH: 400ppm
FC: 5
pH: 7.6
TA: 130ppm
CYA: 50-60 (maybe, very difficult to read)

About a month ago I vacuumed all the gunk out on waste, then have used the net/water vacuum twice...
USED: 16lbs of Chlorbrite shock over the course of two weeks...after adding the first 8 lbs we got a very milky cloudy blue color which in 24 hours was green again.
Then 12 lbs of HTH Super shock from Walmart over the course of a week....
We have used a jug of pool first aid, about 1/2 bottle of algaecide, even tried the super floc which was suposed to "settle" the algae to the bottom.
All of this has been over the course of a month...then until today it sat idle for about 36 hours so all of the FC dissapated and the pH level rose....
So today after reading this website, I have added 4 96oz jugs of 6% bleach, brushed the entire pool and have backwashed twice.