First test results

flintstone

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Rockville, CA
Here are my initial test results. What do I act on first?

FC: 4.0
CC: 0
Ph: 7.8
TA: 80
CH: 400
CYA: 30
Temp: 71
Salt: 3200

My gut says to adress the CYA as the manufacturer's suggested range is 60-80 ppm. While the CH is at the high end of the ideal range proposed by AquaLogic/ Goldline (200-400 ppm), I have some landscaping dirt blowing into the pool that may be causing the elevated number. The calculator indicates nearly five pounds of cyanuric acid. Can I pour this into the skimmer basket even though I use a cartridge filter? What other parameters are likely to change as a result of increasing the CYA? Where do I go first? Also, as I am transitioning from having a pool service (he shows up on Fridays, dumps in some muriatic acid and leaves, uh exits) should I wait until after he does his thing on Friday since it takes a week for the CYA to dissolve?

The CH level shouldn't be a problem unless it goes up.

CYA in a cartridge filter is fine. However, if you put the CYA in the skimmer it is important to not clean the filter for a week. That is why the sock approach The Mermaid Queen suggested is popular, no need to worry about the filter at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.