Reagent prices

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Called around today looking for 0013 Reagent. WOW!! 2oz for $14.50 at one place. 2oz $7.50 at another. the real kicker was Leslies just across the border from us at $24.99 for a GALLON.Does that gal price sound right?? If I bought a gallon how long( properly stored) will it last? :)

oletrout said:
Called around today looking for 0013 Reagent. WOW!! 2oz for $14.50 at one place. 2oz $7.50 at another. the real kicker was Leslies just across the border from us at $24.99 for a GALLON.Does that gal price sound right?? If I bought a gallon how long( properly stored) will it last? :)

I would check and make sure it is the right thing.

I see Taylor sells it directly for $32, so the price may be correct. I personally just bought 8 oz from TF Testkits. A very reasonable price at $7.50 for 8 oz. Plus it arrived super quick. I'm one month into BBB and had i known then what i know now, I would have bought the TF100 instead of the K-2006 (although it is a great test kit). I had no idea how much of each reagent i was going to go through. Especially when shocking, lowering TA etc. Live and learn. This forum is the best. I have learned SO much in the past month.

jt100 said:
I had no idea how much of each reagent i was going to go through. Especially when shocking, lowering TA etc. Live and learn. This forum is the best. I have learned SO much in the past month.

:lol: at excess reagent use. I started here last year and drove these guys nuts . Every time I did the chlorine test I followed the instructions and was out of powder after 3-4 days. :lol: :lol: It said to use one heaping SCOOP. Well--I was using the paddle end of that darn thing AND heaping it as per instruction. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.