Autofill question

Jun 11, 2010
Hello, my pool water level has dropped 1"-1 1/2" from normal, as indicated by the 'normal' calcium ring around the tiles. I was instructed to turn my autofill "nut" counterclockwise to reset and fill the pool. Is this correct, how does the autofill work? Oh and I cannot seem to turn the nut it is on very tight. The pool was recently re-plastered so I doubt it is due to any leaks. Thanks for any help. I'm a pool newbie.

Yeah, i think you are right, but how fast should it fill/correct itself. I was told I could flood my whole backyard if I was not careful. I last adjusted ~2hours and no change is visible, but like I said the nut is really tight. How do I know if its working?

The person I talked with called it a "flip-n-float" not sure if that is a brand name but it has a cylindrical white floater. Mine has a wing nut that I am assuming I need to turn more to the left, but when I try to adjust I cannot tell if it moved and the pool is definitely not filling at this point. I am concerned only because the water is about 1/4 of the way up the skimmer inflow, and I know it needs to be/should be 1/2 the way up. Not sucking air yet but am trying to avoid that problem.

Ok so it's ben a while since I adjusted the arm, bent it up a little. the pool was so slow to fill and last night the overfill area was ---overfilling! So I adjusted the arm down and the water level has receded in the overfill area. I am imagining I have a clog or some debris in the line into the pool. I will try to check this out today, but still have the problem of filling the pool back up. Just wanted to say thanks for your help and keep you posted on the new development, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.