New Guy about to buy a pool

Titus

Jun 3, 2010
Nevada, TX
Hello... just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on the forum for the last few weeks. After contacting forum member Cheri (who live near me), she was nice enough to invite my wife and I over and take a look at her pool. We were sold within minutes, and met with the same guy that sold her hers the next day. As soon as the installer gets out to the house (tomorrow) to confirm the installation prices the dealer gave us, we will be placing our order. The plan calls for a DoughBoy 32x16 Autumn Breeze, partially buried, with 7' deep end a DE filter with 2 speed pump, and several other options. I will be sure to post pictures. :wink:

OK... The order is placed... now to wait for an install date! I updated my signature with the highlights of my order. I also added a second return, the larger skimmer, and underground PVC pipes to where the filter will live about 60 feet from the pool. Now I am crossing my fingers that I will be swimming for father's day!

Hi i am wondering how much you are burying your pool. We are looking into doing the same thing. Do you know of anyone that has a partially buried pool? has it worked out with no problems with walls caving or anything like that?

Thanks

oasis1 said:
Hi i am wondering how much you are burying your pool. We are looking into doing the same thing. Do you know of anyone that has a partially buried pool? has it worked out with no problems with walls caving or anything like that?

Thanks

We are doing a 2.5' bury. The installer said that is the maximum He will bury without doing a slurry fill. He had just finished doing a full bury of a Doughboy for someone else and showed me pictures. That one was flush to the ground, cement slurry filled all the way around, and then 5' of concrete splash deck all the way around. It was very nice, but the installation cost the owner over 3 times what I am paying for my 2.5' bury with no decking.

I have visited forum member Cheri to see her pool, which is the same as mine, with the same bury. She has had hers for 2 years with no problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, they showed up this afternoon (half a day early). One guy is unpacking the pool while the other guy is busy digging with the bobcat. We are very excited right about now! I am taking pictures and will start a build thread later this evening in the construction section.

Titus said:
oasis1 said:

Thanks

We are doing a 2.5' bury. The installer said that is the maximum He will bury without doing a slurry fill. He had just finished doing a full bury of a Doughboy for someone else and showed me pictures. That one was flush to the ground, cement slurry filled all the way around, and then 5' of concrete splash deck all the way around. It was very nice, but the installation cost the owner over 3 times what I am paying for my 2.5' bury with no decking.

I have visited forum member Cheri to see her pool, which is the same as mine, with the same bury. She has had hers for 2 years with no problems.

I think the pics he showed you were probably of our neighbor, down the road. They had the same pool fully buried, but with slurry and a big cement deck all around it -- and now have an enclosed hot tub to go with it. Looks really great. They are doing BBB also.

We've have a doughboy pool since 1986 it's 30ft round and it goes to 7ft in the middle it's buried about 2 1/2 ft in the ground, and the deck goes around about a 1/3 of it. We just replaced our liner for the first time last year. It's a clorine pool, I've tried all the other chemicals except salt water over the years and still go back to clorine. Good Luck with your new pool. We've really enjoyed ours over the years.

Titus said:
oasis1 said:

Thanks

I think the person your builder was referring to, with the cement deck, is my neighbor down the street. Their entire pool area (with covered hot tub) is VERY nice. You'd never know it's an AGP! Y'all used the same installer. And our pool/deck are doing great, practically maintenance-free (except for the hornets/wasps under the deck)!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.